Dahi Vada [#Goodalicious]
We love it when our users use our products to create delicious treats! Vegan Dahi Vada by Neha Dev, the winner of our #goodalicious contest is one such dish. It's a perfect snack for dinner parties or a yummy snack for yourself.
1 1/2 cup urad dal
1/2 litre Goodmylk Peanut Curd
1 pack Goodmylk Cashew-Oat Mylk
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp jeera powder
1/4 tsp chat masala
1 cup jaggery and tamarind Chutney
1/2 cup coriander leaves
1 tbsp chickpea flour
- Salt to taste
For the vadas:
- Soak urad dal overnight.
- Grind urad dal into a thick paste, then add salt, chickpea flour, and whisk it till fluffy.
- Fry the vadas in any cold pressed oil on medium high heat.
- Drop the vadas in thin buttermilk made from Goodmylk curd.
Let the vadas rest for a while in the buttermilk; then, squeeze them and store them in the container.
For the dahi
- Whisk the Goodmylk Peanut Curd.
Add all the spices, salt, sugar, and Goodmylk Cashew-Oat Mylk (as desired) to make like pouring consistency.
- Arrange 4 to 5 vadas in a bowl.
- Pour the spiced dahi over it .
- Add a pinch of chat masala and sweet chutney.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
We hope you like this recipe! A huge shout out to Neha for sharing it with us. If you make this Vegan Dahi Vada, don't forget to tag @goodmylk.in on your post! We love seeing the different ways our products can be used.