Crepes with Berry Compote [#Goodalicious]
Crepes with Berry Compote
Wondering how you can satisfy your sweet tooth on a plant-based diet? Well, our second winner for the Goodalicious contest—Varenya Chikkerur—has got you covered! She made some delicious thin Crepes with Berry Compote. Here's the recipe:
For the crepes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 1 1/4 cups chilled Goodmylk Cashew-Oat Mylk
- 4 tbsp melted Goodmylk Vegan Butter
- Up to 1/3 cup chilled water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 2–3 drops vanilla essence
For the compote
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (I used cranberry and raspberry)
- Juice of half a lime
- Couple of drops of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tsp coconut sugar or stevia
- Combine all the wet ingredients and whisk together well. Add in the flour one tbsp at a time to avoid any lumps.
- Once you have a thin, runny consistency, chill the batter in the fridge for 30 mins while you make the better compote.
- In a saucepan, add the berries and other ingredients and bring to a boil. Summer for 8–10 mins on low until it reduces to a thick sauce.
- When you're ready to cook your crepes, grab a nonstick pan or even a dosa pan and lightly butter it with Goodmylk Vegan Butter.
- Ladle in about a quarter cup of the batter and swirl it around till it coats the entire pan.
- Cook on a very low flame till tiny bubble form around the edges.
- Flip over and cook the other side until lightly browned.
We bet just reading this recipe is enough to get your mouth watering! So why not try it out? Head to our website to stock up on all the the things you need to make these crepes. Don't forget to share a picture and tag @good.mylk when you make this #Goodalicious dish.