Contrary to popular belief, no-dairy desserts are just as delicious and addictive as their dairy filled counterparts, while being better for you!
Here's a quick and easy plant-based version of a desi favourite—Kheer.
- 1 cup basmati brown rice
- 3 cardamom pods or 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups Goodmylk Cashew-Oat Mylk
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons date syrup
- Chopped pistachios/ cashews/ almonds (optional)
- Cook the rice as you normally would, in the two cups of water, with the cardamom pods.
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients and simmer for a while.
- Let it cool and then refrigerate.
- Top with chopped nuts and serve.
Source: One Green Planet. https://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-recipe/kheer-indian-rice-pudding/