Recipe by Lakshmi Ananthakrishnan at www.cookitupwithlove.in
With mangoes screaming for attention everywhere, what could be a better way than grabbing them and baking a cake out of them to celebrate the summer!
This cake is mildly sweet, extremely spongy, bursting with the flavour of mangoes and has the crunch of toasted cashews and chocochips. You could use walnuts/almonds/raisins etc, instead. The cake was just right even without any frosting. However if you so wish, you can frost it with whipped cashew cream/coconut cream for added richness in taste and texture.
- Whole Wheat flour 1 cup
- Corn flour 1/2 cup
- All purpose flour 1/2 cup
- Powdered Palm sugar/jaggery 3/4 cup
- Pulp of 3-4 ripe mangoes
- Goodmylk . 1/3 cup
- Vanilla essence a few drops
- Baking powder 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil (or any other vegetable oil) 1/4 cup
- Toasted cashews and choco chips to garnish
- Mix together in a bowl the whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, cornflour, baking powder and baking soda. Pass through a sieve once or twice to get rid of lumps.
- In another bowl, take the mango pulp, add the oil, Goodmylk, vanilla essence, powdered sugar and mix nicely.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry flour mixture. Fold everything nicely to make a batter. Do not over mix
- Heat the OTG
- Prepare the desired pan by greasing with oil and dusting with flour
- Pour in the batter, and tap the pan gently on the counter top to get rid of air bubbles
- Now top with the toasted nuts and choco chips
- Place the pan inside the oven and bake for around 25 minutes. Then remove the pan, let it cool, and then indulge