A good cup of chai can really hit the spot. For a lot of us who have transitioned into a plant-based diet, finding a replacement for our morning or evening tea has been a high priority. How else do we read our papers, scroll through our news feeds, or munch on evening bajjis?
Now, you no longer need wild experiments with different alternatives to find that perfect cup. Bring chai back into your routine using this recipe we love.
- 2 tsp tea powder / 4 tsp tea leaves
- Masala or Spices; we like to use 1 cardamom pod, 1 clove, 1/2 in cinnamon stick and 1/4 in ginger
- 2 tbsp ground jaggery, sugar, or sweetener of your choice
- 1 pack / 200ml Goodmylk’s Cashew-Oat Mylk
- 1 cup / 250 ml water
- If you have the time & patience we recommend crushing the spices first.
- Add water to a sauce pan and add the spices & sweetener. Adjust amount of sweetener to your taste.
- Let it simmer for 1-3 minutes depending on how strong you like your tea.
- Pour in Goodmylk’s cashew-oat mylk to the saucepan and let it simmer on low heat for a minute. This works best if your Goodmylk is at room-temperature.
- Pour into your favourite mug through a strainer and enjoy!